Sunday 24 June 2012

Attempting 'sporty'

I've decided that it's time to give my list of Stuff I'd Like To Do Post-Exams another go. I've done Getting Excited About Stuff, which was good. I think next I'll do Being Sporty. I mean my version of sporty, by the way. Which I think is most people's version of mild exercise. I'm ok with that.




Yesterday I went on the most epic walk along the river, which was amazing. I came across a boat race, a mariner's club open day, an outdoor art installation, open air theatre, a jazz concert, a music festival, an open-house day at a group of artists' studios, two schools' open days and a wedding in a gallery. It's lovely what nice weather can do. I discovered loads of things that I've been walking past for years but never gone in. Huge stately homes and beautiful gardens. Funny little islands and secret passageways. Fantastic statues and royal residences. It was such a lovely way to spend a Saturday.





Even when rain threatened to stop play and I didn't have a jacket, I soldiered through and it stopped in the end. Even when my shoes threatened to tear apart the backs of my heels (silly me for wearing the trainers I hardly use for a long walk), I found a shop and bought plasters and kept going. I had a London Walks guide book with me and had just picked the first in the list and was reading the information as I went around. It was great fun.

So I decided this week I am going to challenge myself to do something active every day. Not just a ten minute stroll to Waitrose. Actually active. I'll keep you updated.

I also started NaNoWriMo a few days ago (National Novel Writing Month). You write 1667 words a day and in a month you have a 50,000 word novel! Finding time for it is a bit of a challenge but I've kept it up so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment