Friday 15 June 2012

Lots to get excited about!

Ok, I've been making a point to be more excited about things recently. I found some good stuff too. Joan Rivers' birthday, Donald Duck's TV debut, the Jubilee....

And today I have yet more to be excited about. This morning I went swimming. Again? I hear you all say, in admiration. Well yes, again. That's three times in a swimming pool in the past few weeks. If I keep going at this rate, I'll need to get some silly goggles and one of those tight caps in a loud colour, like yellow or red. O wait, there's more. Not only did I go swimming, but I went in the outdoor pool today! How hardcore am I? Actually it's lovely there because it's got lovely trees all round it and the sky was blue and the sun was shining on my face and I could almost pretend I was on holiday. I also did a few more lengths than last time so am thinking of letting the Olympic Games committee know to count me in for next time around.

So after a fabulous start to the day I came home and baked some muffins.... Well at least it's even stevens now. If I hadn't been swimming then it would have just been the muffins and I think it's generally frowned upon to just bake batches of muffins every day without at least pretending to do some exercise to have earned them.

They are banana bread muffins but I made them chocolate flavoured and put lots of cherries in them.

Another reason to be excited is because one of my other post-exam goals was to be more sociable and this weekend I have got that covered too. I am channeling my inner country bumpkin and spending the weekend in wellies with some uni friends.

Now the 'lazy' part of my username betrays itself a lot in my friendships. I am unfortunately quite a lazy friend. I've worked since I moved to London. Even around my full time undergraduate course, I was also working full time and volunteering part time. And when I was at uni, it was easy to see my friends because we were all in the same place. Then we all left, and my schedule didn't get any less busy, and I didn't make up for it by ensuring I kept in touch with everyone. So I'm very very guilty of having friendships that I don't invest as much time in as I should. I will dedicate some time soon to seeing people more often.

That's partly why this weekend will be so great. The main reason is of course that I'll get to spend it hanging out in a tractor in wellies. That's obviously the MAIN reason. But it will also be lovely to see friends again.

Double excitement then! Swimming and weekend away. Woop! I'm off to pack my going-away bag. Lots of waterproofs and warm jumpers! I love an adventure!

Omg, we could solve a mystery or something and then it really WOULD be adventure! I could live out one of my many childhood dreams, to be George from The Famous Five. Hopefully there's a crime this evening when we arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment