Monday 30 July 2012

In the garden

There's a lot of Olympic-fever about. Even I, not a sportswoman by nature, have let myself get caught up in it all. I have downloaded the London 2012 app to my phone. Yes. That's right. I have the app. And yesterday I did my fair share of whooping and running around to see the women's bike ride in Richmond Park (no near-death experiences with deer this time!).

So anyway, while it is all quite exciting, I feel like I might need some time out for something different. With the latest sunny weather (yes, I'm aware there was thunder during the bike race yesterday, but in general, it's been sunnier, honest), the garden is looking fabulous. So I thought we could have a little tour around.

image
Tomato plant flowers


image
Fuschia


image
The lavender is finally attracting bees! Woop!


image
Umm... What are these called? Pansies?


image
More pansies


image
Marigolds, I think....


image
Pansies, again


image
Not sure.....


image
Pansies....


image
Tomatoes


So there it is. For the long winter months, it looks like a wasteground so I am understandably excited that the sun has come out and there is something to show off.

Tomorrow I am off to do some Olympic stuff. There are loads of free exhibitions and, rumour has it, a maze made out of books! Thousands and thousands of them! How amazing would that be?! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment