Friday 5 October 2012

Parcels, portals and toilet flush buttons

I know, I know. It's been a while since I reported back on the latest Chat magazine. Well, here it is. You know I never let you go too long without doing one.

First up, there's the photos page. Well, actually, before that there's a real life story which has a shock factor of 10! That's right! A ten. Very rarely will you get tens. Usually they do a 9.8 or something like that. Not usually a ten. So you know that's big stuff.

image



Now to the photos page. There's a photo of two pregnant women in the same top, the caption basically says, here's us in the same top. Great. Another photo is a lady reading Fifty Shades of Grey. And again, that's pretty much it. What a fascinating photo, thanks for sharing.

The tips page is quite good today. The best one is probably the one which says that if you have a fancy perfume bottle lid, don't throw it away when you've finished the perfume, attach it to the toilet flush button....! This doesn't make sense on so many levels. Let me show you.

image



So on the before pic, you can see that it's one of those push-in type things. There's nothing sticking out from it. So what did she 'attach' the perfume lid to. And also, all she's really done, I think, is cover up the toilet flush button. Because now you can't press it, because there's a big flowery thing attached to it.

The letters page is pretty good this week. There's a picture of a baby with a shocked look on its face. There's nothing wrong with the photo. It's just that that's all it is. And that's the photo of the week....

image



They must not be getting a lot of entries to this photo of the week competition....

Then there's a bolognese sauce from a jar competition thing. They review three and tell you their favourite, which is the Sacla Dallaglio bolognese sauce. God forbid, we might suggest one makes their dinner themselves... No! Food from a jar! That's the way forward!

Then there's the obligatory I-used-to-be-fat-then-I-lost-weight story. Then an I-met-a-man-on-the-internet-now-we're-getting-but-we've-never-met story.

Then comes the good section. The psychic section. The first story in this section is about a woman who moved into a haunted house. The proof that it was haunted? Her daughter got locked in the bathroom one day. Obviously a ghost. Obviously. No question about it.

She realised what was going on, an evil portal. Of course. So she decides to close it. You know, as one does. She gathered her archangels around her, are you ready for the good bit? Her archangels... Gabriel..... Michael.... Raphael... And METATRON! Yes. Really. Metatron. Her archangel, Metatron. I'm glad he was there for her. Phew!

Then we have the Lucky Key. This is always amazing. I touch it and good things will happen apparently. To legitimise this Lucky Key thing, there are little stories from people who touched the key and great things happened to them. Now I'm not certain what's going on here. Have they touched the key and immediately something great happens. Or do they touch it on Thursday and by Sunday, they've had a bit of luck? Because I don't think you can really say it's the key then, can you?

When I touched the key this morning, within five minutes I got a little note through the door from the post man saying I needed to go and pick something up from the post office because it had been posted without the proper amount of stamps on it. So I need to give them £1.50 for the postage if I want my parcel.

Is that lucky? Really? Should I tell Chat about it and see if they print my story in next week's magazine? Maybe I will. Watch this space to see if I get printed! It will say:

Laura from London got a note from the postman saying she needed to pay £1.50 to pick up her parcel, all thanks to the Lucky Key!

No comments:

Post a Comment