Thursday 31 May 2012

Theft! Murder! Burglary! Blackmail!

No, this is not what happened to me yesterday. It's the subjects I'm revising for tomorrow's Criminal Law exam. Sorry if you came to read this expecting some interesting stories filled with police, a battle between good and evil, a fight for life, some vigilante justice and hero of the She-ra variety.

Unfortunately, I am not She-ra. I am just Lau-ra. And I am spending today in my front room, which is kind of like a dungeon now. Curtains always closed (so I don't see the outside world and feel tempted to go for a walk or anything). No music allowed because it distracts me. Empty water bottles, mugs, containers that once held food and little scraps of paper are scattered around everywhere. I have some relatively serious hand cramp issues. For your information only, I also stopped brushing my hair a few days ago and will change out of my pyjamas only when I leave the house to go to exams. When I walk down to the deli to get food, I often just throw a jumper on over my jarmies and hope no-one will notice. (They do.) One positive development has been that I have stopped living off cake and muffins. A move toward the salad/quiche/proper meals section of the deli has improved matters. I no longer enter and pick up a jar of peanut butter and scurry off home with it hoping no-one sees me and judges me.

I've eaten maybe a hundred oatcakes this week. I get funny addictions when I'm in a situation of stress. Like last year, when I got really ill and had the emergency operation (C is for), I got really addicted to Top Gear. There are a billion episodes being repeated constantly and I was just all over it! I'm not into cars at all, I don't drive and now that I'm well again, I've got no idea what was going on because I've never ever watched it again, since getting better. Top Gear?! Jeremy Clarkson?! And that other one who had the crash and almost died, what's his name? Richard something?

So anyway, my exam addiction is anything of the oatcake/cracker variety. It's puzzling.

I am also addicted to making flashcards. I think flashcards make the world a better place actually. We should all try making some.

By the way, there are no stories from yesterday's Equity and Trusts exam really. There was an essay question which I had suspected might come up but hadn't had time to do as much preparation for it as I would have liked. But no major disasters. I don't think there were anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment