Sunday 30 June 2013

Smelly bellies and bleached patios

Last Wednesday, my brother came over for a barbecue. He brought with him a copy of Chat. Is there any better present in the world? So today, I am proud to present to you, The Nonsense From Chat.

First up, a rare occurrence, a story which has been given 10 out of 10 on the shock factor scale.

image



And I think I know why. This woman, Jonty, has named her children Kai, Bailey, Skye and Hunter. I'm sorry, Kai and Skye? O, and friends of theirs, a couple called Lee-Anna and Liam. Lee.... Anna.... Leanne?... Whatever.

On the random photos page, there's a lot of good stuff going on. We've got a picture of someone reading Chat on holiday, a picture of a baby asleep, a picture of a baby in a sunhat, a picture of a cat and, best of all, a picture of a cake someone got on their birthday, which had been made to look like a copy of Chat magazine! Epic!

image



Next up, we'll visit the top tips page which, I'm sure, is your favourite. It's certainly mine. Our first fabulous tip is to cover an old chair in a pair of jeans. It makes it look better. Apparently.

image



You decide.

The next tip is, basically, use a small vacuum cleaner to clean the little bits out of the bottom of your handbag. Thank you, D Thornton from Bournemouth. Where would I be without this tip?

The next tip is put bleach all over your patio to kill the weeds. Boy, do I love a bleach covered patio. The smell, the discolouration on your paving stones. What brilliant advice. Thank you, Julia Wakeford from Romford. You have improved my life immeasurably.

Lastly, stick some sea shells on your wall. Check it out.

image



Good, hey?

To finish off today's look inside Chat, we're going to briefly visit the Health pages and one letter in particular. This letter is called 'Whiffy midriff.' Already, you know it's going to be amazing.

It starts with 'My bellybutton pongs!' Get straight to it, Ashley, aged 28. Don't beat around the bush.

'If I put my finger in and sniff it, there's a smell like rotting veg!' Ok, Ashley, 28, what... on.... earth. I'm 28 and I can tell you this for nothing. If I had a smelly bellybutton, Chat would be the last place I'd go for advice. I mean, give Google a try first, maybe? The NHS has a free helpline? Ask friends?

And what is she doing sticking her finger in her bellybutton then smelling it? Unless the bellybutton smell is so strong that she catches a whiff of it while sitting on the sofa then decides to see what's happening, am I suppose that one day she was just eating her dinner, watching TV with her boyfriend and thought, 'I'll quickly smell my bellybutton.' For no reason. And is that something we all do? Am I the stupid one here, for not jabbing my finger in my bellybutton then inhaling the resulting odours?

She finishes the letter by saying, 'My boyfriend says he can't smell it though.' I bet he's not your boyfriend anymore, is he, Ashley, 28?

"Smell my finger, darling."

"What? Why?"

"Just smell it. Go on. Please."

"Um, ok.... Where has it been?"

"In my bellybutton."

"And why do I need to smell it?"

"Cause it smells like rotting veg. Don't you think? Give it a smell. Go on. Tell me what you think."

"Err... No. It's fine. There's... There's nothing wrong with it at all. I'm just, um, going to nip out. Um. To the shops. Yeh, the shops. If I'm not back in a few days, don't call me...."

No comments:

Post a Comment