Friday 7 June 2013

Things Trumpkin says

About a week ago, I attempted another challenge from my book called Going Greener by Simon Gear. He asked me to have a cup of tea in the garden. It was about appreciating nature and also getting know the garden all year round. When I woke up on the day I intended to do it, it had rained and looked freezing. So I stayed in bed instead.

This morning, I thought, let's go for it again, get a jumper on and let's do this! The last few days have been scorchio so I felt confident it would be nice for my challenge.

And then I woke up this morning and came downstairs and.....

image



Yeh, I'm regretting putting that towel out on the line now.

And so, the back up plan comes into play. It's similar to another post I wrote last week, about my favourite quotes from Narnia but today I'm specifically focussing on one character from the fourth book, Prince Caspian, a red dwarf called Trumpkin. You'll see why I've chosen him to quote.

"Horns and halibuts!" exclaimed Trumpkin.

"Bulbs and bolsters!" he thought.

"Whistles and whirligigs!" said Trumpkin.

"Thimbles and thunderstorms!" he cried.

"Lobsters and lollipops!" he muttered.

"Giants and junipers!" Trumpkin shouted.

"Tubs and tortoiseshells!" said Trumpkin.

"Cobbles and kettledrums!" he shouted.

"Wraiths and wreckage!" exclaimed Trumpkin.

"Weights and water-bottles!" came Trumpkin's angry voice.

Brilliant, aren't they? We really should speak like this again.

So if you get annoyed at any point today, feel free to use any one of these phrases to exclaim, to show your annoyance. It also works for situations in which you are shocked or excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment