Tuesday 24 April 2012

Q is for...

image



Q&A!

...And other things we shorten, occasionally to the point of hilarity.

PSB (already mentioned in a previous blog) - purple sprouting broccoli

BNS - butternut squash

BFPFV (a law one) - bona fide purchaser for value

Obbo - short for 'obviously'

Totes - totally

Hilare - hilarious (like it's a great time saver to say most of the word but not all of it)

Jel - I know this has gained some popularity lately, which I believe is down to The Only Way Is Essex, but saying the 'us' on the end of 'jel' takes a millisecond. Just finish the word.

FML - a newcomer in the world of acronyms. It means 'fuck my life' and is generally used by people to indicate something of great seriousness, breaking a nail, say, or having to run for the bus.

Natch - meaning naturally. Makes me think 'oes' is going to follow it.

Reg - I have spoken at length about the occasion I heard this said. It means 'regular' and is referring to the desired size of takeaway coffee.

Lar - meaning 'large' for a takeaway coffee... O no wait... That's just me, making fun of the man who asked for 'reg'....

Cap - meaning cappuccino

OJ - orange juice. Why it has never ventured into other flavours is a mystery to me. My favourite juice is apple so I feel I'd save a lot of time if AJ became the common way of referring to it.

LOL - just a quick heads up to those who add it on the end of every text message because they think it means 'loads of love.' It doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment