Saturday 28 April 2012

U is for....



UNINSPIRED!


I slept too long last night so am a bit lethargic. It's raining outside. I forgot to bring the lovely swimsuit I bought especially for my holiday. And I haven't baked in days. My brain is feeling a bit lazy on the creativity front. Let me try a few different U things and see if anything flows.

Under = my brother told me a joke when I was younger that went 'What do you get if you go under a cow? A pat on the back.' I knew it must be funny because my big brother had said it and he was way cool. So I told it too. And laughed loads. But I didn't get it at all.

Umbrella - I've never owned one for more than a few days. Every public transport lost property department in England must have one of my umbrellas.

Ukraine - when I was about 19, I watched a Chinese film called House of Flying Daggers. I loved it. The scenery looked beautiful. There was one bit where they're running through a bamboo forest which looked amazing. I booked myself onto a group trip to China to trek the Great Wall and couldn't wait to run through a bamboo forest myself. A week or so before leaving for China I was reading a film review of House of Flying Daggers and it said that it was actually filmed in the Ukraine.....

Upside-down cake - I saw someone making one last night on Come Dine With Me. I've never made one. Maybe I will.

University - despite wanting to get exams done and out of the way, I do really enjoy the process of learning and being in education. I'm thinking of taking up a short course as soon as my law degree is finished, my second degree by the way. You can never have too many degrees, that's what I think! What I'm going to actually do with them is a different question! For the moment I'm just going to gather them, like books on a shelf, and have a little look at them every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment