Saturday 25 August 2012

Listening to children talk

Yaya: "Are you five?"
Friend: "No. I'm just four."
Yaya: "I'M FOUR!"
Friend: "I'll be five soon."
Yaya: "O... I won't be five soon. I'm a little bit littler than you."
Friend: "Yeh, I'm the biggest."
Yaya: "BUT! But when I'm five, I'll be REALLY big!"
Friend: "You can come to my party. It will be at my house. You can come."
Yaya: "I had a party when I was four. It was at my house. We had cake in the garden."
Friend: "Look at my picture. It's of you. Laura, I did a picture of Yaya."
Me: "Oo, very nice."
Yaya: "Mine's green. Cause you know what? Green's my favourite colour."
Friend: "And that's the hair."
Silence while they colour in.
Friend: "Ok! Let's play babies! I'm the Mummy and you're the Daddy."
Yaya: "Yeh. The mummies are in charge, aren't they?"
*sounds of me snickering in the corner*
Friend: "Come on. Let's take our baby out for a walk."
Yaya: "Let's play hide and seek! I'll count. Four. Six. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve!"
*a little look behind the door reveals Friend*
Yaya: "I'm going to colour in now. I need the green pen. Look! Look at my picture."
Friend: "I've got a book about princesses. I'll get it."
Yaya: "I'm wearing a Buzz Lightyear t-shirt."

...And so on and so forth....

No comments:

Post a Comment