Monday 27 August 2012

You really must stop with all the awards...! (Not really, I love it)

My award for Very Inspiring Blogger comes from cimplicityrockss and was awarded to me last month. As I got another award on the same day, I thought I'd space them out, to prevent an award onslaught (look, I didn't ask to be this cool, it just came naturally, so don't blame me).

 

Cimplicityrockss writes a fantastic blog which does what it says on the tin, it's simple lessons learned and shared. There's always something lovely to read there. Thanks so much for the award!

 

Next, I have to share seven facts about myself. Ok, here goes... Ermm....

 

1. I used to have a crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger. I know. I know. Please don't tease me. I was young.

2. Despite being from Liverpool, my entire interaction with football has been a crush on Ryan Giggs when I was about 8 years old.

3. The other night, instead of eating dinner, I had a chocolate and orange cake. Don't judge me. I was trapped in the house because of the torrential rain. I wanted to get out and get real food but I couldn't! It wasn't my fault! Well, I did manage get out for a minute in between downpours. To get the chocolate cake.

4. I have quite an obsessive nature. I just discovered a singer called Jessie Ware and have been listening to two of her songs on repeat for the past week. Still not bored.

5. One my worst habits is, when I have figured out that I don't really like someone, or am not interested in being friends with them, I just tune out. I'm not rude, I just don't take an interest. It can lead to awkward social situations where I find myself chatting to someone who's name I don't know, even though I've met them loads, and who I can't remember anything about. Conversation is limited when they're talking to you about something they think you understand but you don't.

6. I often wish I was a centaur.

7. I am a girl who likes rules. For example, every Christmas I read the entire Chronicles of Narnia. Every time I go on holiday I read Little Women. When I get sick I read Winnie The Pooh. This is also why I like filing and paperwork.

 

Now I nominate seven blogs I find inspiring. So here they are, in no particular order...

1. uvfitnesssuzie - She's new to the blogging scene and already she's fabulous. Common sense advice (from someone who's done it themselves) on getting fitter and losing weight, without the point-counting nonsense you find some places.

2. My Far Away Places - Great little snapshots from travels around the world. Today's post on Albania was interesting due to its unfamiliarity. Recenet travel posts about this area of the world have all been great too.

3. As Time Goes... Buy - There's always something pretty to look at in this blog. As a not-very-fashion-conscious girl myself, I stumbled upon this blog, not expecting to be that interested in its content but actually it's good fun. I loved the recent metallic-clothing posts and even debated whether to hunt down a shiny bag for myself.

4. From A Tuscan Villa - What's not to love? This Tuscan villa is in Bagni di Lucca and the blog features little snapshots of life from around the town. In another world, it would be MY Tuscan villa and my blog!

5. Not So Skinny Genes - Anything and everything, and all of it interesting, well-written and extremely readable. My favourite recent post was about lessons being learned in a new (male-dominated) workplace.

6. Photography Journal Blog - Fantastic photos of all different things and commentary on what it is, how the photo was taken, etc. There is also a great attitude to improving and asking advice on pictures. I like dipping into this blog every few days to see what's been posted lately.

7. Grumpy Comments - I'm pretty sure I've nominated this blog before but I'm going to nominate it again, for plenty of reasons (centred around general fabulousness and a painfully acute awareness of self) but mainly because of the hilarious post this morning about being stroked on the wrist and finger-squeezed by a stranger whilst at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment