Sunday 14 April 2013

400!

Good morning everyone. Today is quite a significant day in my blogging career. It's half way to 800. It's two times 200. It's one more than 399 and one less than 401. Not guessed it yet? Well, let me tell you.

It's my 400th post today!

Now you're either thinking one of two things about this fact.

1. Wow, that's impressive. What a lot of interesting things she has to say.

2. Omygoodness, that's a lot of nonsense.

To mark the occasion, I debated a few different possibilities. The favourite amongst my friends was to stuff 400 mini marshmallows in my mouth and photograph it. As I am sadly lacking in mini marshmallows and the shops open late on Sundays, I shall have to shelf that idea until it's time for another significant post, 500 maybe?

The next idea was do something with 400 of my worms, I'm not sure what. Put them on a plate and photograph them maybe? But as the worms have only just been put in their new home (a proper worm bin as opposed to their previous home, a saucepan) and they were very naughty before then, I feel they need a bit longer on the naughty step before being allowed to join in the blogging fun. Honestly, it's like having hundreds of naughty little schoolchildren. I'm like a babysitter. The other night I came home from an evening out and they had escaped and were everywhere - the kitchen floor, the outside toilet, the garden, some were even hiding inside the mop. Naughty worms.

I thought about climbing 400 steps but I'm quite comfy here on the sofa.

I thought about drinking 400 cups of tea but I've heard that you can drown yourself if you drink more than 26 in a day.

I thought about reading a page from 400 different books but it's my first day at Ham House today so time is limited.

So I thought I'd refashion a post I did ages ago, called Things I Have Learned. For the following to make sense, you're best reading the original first. And, if I'm clever, I'll make it exactly 400 words. Look, it's Sunday morning and it's the best I can offer. Get over it.

Here goes...

1. My post is never as big as I think it is (or rather, ‘hope’ as I look longingly at other blogs and their posts filled with wisdom and then at my little silly ones about Taylor Swift).

2. Most people are a little bit bored by blogs about how to blog. As a new blogger, I lapped them up. Now I'm not really so keen. I don't get anything about the blogger in these 'advice' blogs.

3. People like to shorten words (e.g. ‘NaNoWriMo’ or ‘NaBloPoMo’ or 'NeeNorNeeNor')

4. Missing a typo is horrible. Especially if the typo is talking about someone you did yesterday instead of something.

5. Writing a post that people notice is a fine art.

6. Most bloggers thrive off the drama in their lives. Cause then they can blog it.

7. Blogging makes you feel better.

8. Sometimes, blogging all your problems is the worst thing you can do.

9. Making your own chicken stock is more trouble than it’s worth. (No, I know this doesn't relate to blogging but it's still a fact.)

10. If you can’t make it good, don’t post it. Save it til later and sort it out then.

O! And one more…

11. Denying the existence of a rubbish post doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Umm. It's not 400 words. It's way more. O well. Shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment