Sunday 28 April 2013

Life since Italy

Since being back from Italy, so not to feel sad, I've kept myself busy with the following activities.

1. Lunching on salad to detox from the Italian carb onslaught

2. Buying trees for the patio. I wanted an olive tree and a fig tree so I could pretend I was still in Italy but apparently neither get good fruit in England. We got a plum tree...

image



...and one of our neighbours gave us something but we haven't worked out what it is yet.

image



Any ideas anyone?

3. Seeing friends for dinner and getting lovely presents.

image



4. Planning to pull down the garden shed and put a vegetable patch there.

5. Feeding my worms my vegetable peelings and sprinkling cinnamon around the compost bin to stop the ants invading (it works!)

6. Volunteering at Ham House again. I was there yesterday and it was my first day by myself baking in the kitchen there and it went really well. People liked my biscuits, no-one vomited and lots of people said "Mmm." I'm taking that as a good sign.

7. Hanging the washing out in the garden and acting all Disneyfied because it's sunny (it later poured and the washing is still wet on the line but whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment