Friday 15 February 2013

Thoughts

I'm having one of those I-can't-think-what-to-write-about days. Well, actually, I should qualify that statement. I'm having a bit of a lazy morning where I've spent an hour or two reading other blogs and listening to an audiobook so now my brain is in too many different places to think of something to write about. So I shall just list the thoughts that are in my mind right now.

- Will I ever become a world famous piano player? Or will I forever be stuck on the line, "And you come to me on a summer breeze" from How Deep Is Your Love? And are ten fingers enough to play this peice of music? At the moment, I need about twelve to be able to play it properly.

- Chocolate and cherry mousse cake is fabulous. And making a genoise sponge for the first time went ok. As did making custard from scratch...

image



- Beouf bourginon is not actually that difficult to make. It is also extremely tasty, despite its easiness...

image



- Planning an African adventure is muchos fun, even if it isn't going to happen for over a year...

image



- I can't cope with X Factor winner James Arthur's 'my-parents-divorced-when-I-was-a-kid-and-now-I'm-traumatised-for-life' routine. I just want to shake him and say, "Get over yourself! Grow up! I know your parents are divorced but SO ARE EVERYONE ELSE'S!" He writes songs about it which are really 'deep' apparently. So his Mum says. "Yeah," she goes, serious face on and eyes looking down to the ground. "It's really... It's really... (she searches for the appropriate word, having used deep about four times already)... It's really... deep." Thanks for that, o mother of great eloquence and feeling. It's good to know that, as a man in his 20s, the single most important that has happened in his life is still the separation of his parents when he was in primary school. Sometimes, Mr Arthur, people are better apart. Get over it.

- My rooibos tea has gone cold.

- There is a cat digging in the garden. I didn't know cats dug.

- I am really intrigued about what happened with Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend. I genuinely really like him. I just finished reading his autobiography, Blade Runner, a few weeks ago and it was really good. He seems like a down-to-earth, decent type. And a brilliant athlete. His arrest for murder seems totally at odds with the man I imagined him to be. Of course, a book written by him will obviously give the impression that he portrays, not necessarily who he actually is. And by the same token, a charge for murder is not a conclusion of guilt. There's this space in between the law and the media and the person's own voice, where they reside, and I don't suppose I can know who he is or what has happened. I guess we will see what the outcome is.

- Today I am going for lunch with a friend I haven't seen in way too long. I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment