Saturday 10 November 2012

Things I have been called

Pragmatic (by a teacher)
A goddess (after a brief encounter with another student at uni)
Lucille Ball (a fellow blogger)
Bill Bailey (my secondary school drama teacher)
Oops-a-daisy Maisey (all the boys at primary school)
The hostess with the mostess (guests for dinner)
An athlete (an old boyfriend)
A maverick (as above)
A slut (my mother, when she saw me in a short skirt one day)
Mayonnaisey (boys at school again)
Stubborn (most people who have spent a lot of time in close quarters with me)
Manipulative (my mother)
Sexy (a man I went on one date with)
Inspirational (an old friend from uni)
A grandma (most of my close female friends, at one time or another)
Nanny Maisey (my friend’s grandchildren)
Crazy (colleagues)
Talkative (most people, probably)
Patient (new staff at work)
Angelina Jolie (a local Namibian guy, whilst trying to persuade me to buy something from him)
Fat Legs (some young boys in the street, when I was about 17)
Uncaring (my mother)
Naufiku (the African name I was given when living in Namibia, it means 'born in the evening')
Extra rarge (a Chinese lady near the Great Wall, who was trying to sell me a t-shirt. When I said 'no, thanks' and walked away, she yelled out, in desperation, "I have extra rarge!")
Hilarious and probably the funniest girl in the world (me, suggesting to other people the words they might use to describe me)

No comments:

Post a Comment