Sunday 30 December 2012

A review of Christmas

It's been pretty nice really. Christmas morning was present opening time and I got, among other things, Michel Roux Sr's latest cookbook, The Collection. It is one of the most beautiful cookbooks I have ever seen.
image

The other life-changing present I got was a hairdryer! These things re amazing! I can go from wet hair to dry hair in a matter of minutes! I had heard good things about hairdryers and I think, once upon a time, I have owned one. But now I have one again and it is very exciting.

Christmas lunch was eaten here...
image
...and was great because we just sat around blowing up balloons....
image

...while the staff brought us our dinner. It was lovely and fuss free.

There was mass present opening with Yaya and the other children for a while and then we all went to a sofa filled room on the grounds of the hotel with a big TV showing Christmas films and sat around feeling full. It was lovely.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of my favourite 5 year old putting on her best make-up artist face and rubbing bubble bath into everyone's necks and faces, telling us it was perfume.
image

After we had all left and gone back home, Danda and I found an amaretti panettone in the kitchen and spent approximately twelve hours sitting on the sofa eating it, drinking cups of tea, reading books and watching TV. We didn't even have lunch or dinner. We just picked at this panettone until we had finished it....!

All in all, a fabulous few days. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment