Sunday 16 December 2012

Things I once believed

That rottweiler was pronounced 'rock-weiler'

That my mum was telling the truth when she said, "O, Laura, you've got to eat your sprouts, I got them especially for you."

When a planes flies over and you stop and wave to it, the red light that flashes on its under carriage is the pilot waving back.

Sausage dogs just hadn't grown up yet.

One day I would marry Michael Jackson.

I also believed that Lisa Marie Presley had 'stolen' him from me.

That I would grow my hair until it wad the longest in the world and get into the Guiness Book of Records.

I had a singing range similar to Mariah Carey's.

My diary would one day be published, like Anne Frank's.

There was a boy living in my attic like a fugitive.

That my Dad was saying "Whitey Ess" when he talked about a work training programme called YTS.

There was a possibility that I might well be stolen by monsters who could make my bed sink into the floor and into a pit where children were kept as slaves.

Life was like Famous Five books. I was always looking for adventures and was puzzled by the lack of smugglers and baddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment