Saturday 22 December 2012

Yaya's magic trick

A few days ago, I went to see Yaya and his little sister. Yaya was very eager to show everyone something.

"I'm going to do magich," he said, as that's what he says instead of 'magic.'

"Ok," we said. He brought us all into the front room; Danda, his parents and myself. We sat down and he brought out two small chairs and put four cuddly toys on the chairs.

"Close your eyes," he told us. We heard some noises and the curtains being moved.

"Open them!" he said and we all opened them and gasped in amazement when the toys were no longer there.

"Now, who wants to go first?"

He hadn't explained what we would be doing when we 'went first' but I put my hand up anyway.

"Ok. Everyone close your eyes. Lauwa, come here."

I stood up and he pointed behind the curtains to the pile of toys which had once been on the chairs.

"Bring one," he whispered. So I did. He put it on the chair and told everyone to open their eyes. There were exclamations and shocked expressions of wonderment at this David-Blaine-esque magich trick. How could it possibly have been done?!

A different person was picked each time and everybody else told to close their eyes while that person was instructed to bring a toy from behind the curtains.

Until, eventually, all the toys were out and we were all sitting down feigning surprise.

The finale was Yaya spreading his arms out, hands facing upward, a mysterious smile on his face, saying, ominously.... "How did I do it? You'll never know."
image

And that was Yaya's magic trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment