Tuesday 14 May 2013

Madame Forager does Leibster

Ok, it's awards time again! This time it's the Leibster Award from the fabulous Mark Lord. Check out his blog for beautifully written thoughts on life, etc.

First I must tell you 11 facts about myself so here goes:

1. When it comes to chocolate, I always go dark.

2. I'm currently reading about five million books.

3. I recently went foraging (twice) and now feel myself to be some sort of foraging expert, known to the world as Madame Forager.

4. I own tons of cookbooks.

5. I think tomatoes are brilliant.

6. In my other life, I would have been a farmer with lemon groves and olive trees in Tuscany.

7. I love a good programme about hoarding. Love it. It makes me not worry about my rough-around-the-edges front room.

8. I also love a hood animal-attack programme. I Was Bitten was a particular favourite.

9. I'm rubbish at buying shoes for myself. I'm too lazy to put any thought into it so they're always slightly wrong, somehow.

10. Reality talent shows depress me.

11. My brother's friend had two cars called Phoebe and Katy, which I thought was way cool when I was younger.

Next I answer 11 questions posed to me by Mark.

1. What is your earliest lingering memory?
Shouting "Amy!" while standing on top of a little grassy hill at infant school.

2. Is there a person from History you admire more than any other and if so, why do you admire them?
He's not that historical because he's still alive but his name is Clive Stafford Smith and he's fabulous. Google him.

3. Do you have a hobby that is unrelated to your work? And if so, what is it?
I volunteer at Ham House. It's great fun. More fun than anything I've done in ages.

4. How many houses have you lived in, including your current?
Seven.

5. How do you think you might fair on University Challenge?
O man. Pretty badly. I try doing it every so often and I'm abysmal. Which always confuses me. I'm certain I'll get more than three but I never do.

6. Is there another time in History you’d like to live ? When would it be and why?
The Romans were fascinating. I love Roman history. It's a different question of whether I would have actually wanted to live then! There's plenty of things about how we live now that make me think I'm happiest being in the here and now.
7. How long do you spend on the net per day?
I check my emails on my phone but I very rarely sit down and use the internet as such. Probably only once or twice a week for about twenty minutes each.

8. If you could run your country, what would be the first act of your Premiership?
Um. Processed food is banned. Additives are outlawed. People must be nice to each other.

9. Do you have a favourite record? If so, which is it?
Anything MJ. Possibly Man In The Mirror. Bit I'm in a very James Blake place right now.

10. Who has been the biggest influence on your life so far?
Hard to say.

11. Why do you blog?
To have something that is my own and to inject creativity into my every day.

The next section of the Leibster Award, I'm going to cheat on a bit because I love the blogs I read regularly and have put them up for awards a ton of times. So I'm just going to draw your attention to my favourites, which you should all check out and if the nominees want to get in on the Leibster action, you can use the same questions from above.

Biancalovefoodlovefashion

Someone Fat Happened

The Waiting

Kindredspirit23

As Time Goes... Buy

Fiammisday

The Usual Bliss

Ordinary Lisa

Outside Air

Hungryhinny

Thebettermanproject

No comments:

Post a Comment