Monday 20 May 2013

Travel advice

Thinking of going on holiday? Got something booked but need advice on the sights? Look no further than today's blog. All your travel questions answered.

Danda on the Taj Mahal:
"Shite. Really, really disappointing. Right in the middle of nowhere."

Danda on the Golden Temple in Amritsar:
"Fabulous. Great day out. Best place we went in India."

Danda on Mumbai/Bombay:
"Second favourite place on my Indian Odyssey. And we won the Test Series." (Cricket-speak, I'm guessing.)

Danda on going to a test match in Mumbai/Bombay:
"Indians really love their cricket. It's more like a religion than a sport. It was noisier than the FA cup final. It was 40 degrees and the humidity was off the scale. Really really enjoyed it, especially as we drew the game to win the series."

Danda on the pyramids:
"Best thing I've ever seen."

Danda on going down into the pyramids:
"Nope! Wouldn't go! It wasn't cause I was frightened. It's just that I... I'll go tomorrow... Next time."

Danda on the Caribbean:
"Fabulous beaches. Uh. What else can you say about the Caribbean? I wouldn't recommend the cuisine. Unless you like chicken, rice and peas. Great cricket grounds! Fav island = Antigua. Lovely people."

Danda on Rome:
"The Eternal City. Wonderful place. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. And Laura took me there for my birthday."

Laura on the Philippines:
"Unbelievably idyllic. Gorgeous, like a brochure. Luscious, green, sunny, pale beaches. I think I'll retire there one day."

Danda on Florida:
"Best place in the world for a fun vacation."

Danda on Niagara Falls:
"Awesome!"

Laura on Niagara Falls:
"I have photos of me looking grumpy there. Not any prevalent actual memories. Just some grumpy photos."

Danda on Bangkok's red light district:
*pulls a face* "Uh. Yeh. Alright for a laugh. Not very tempting but good for a laugh."

Laura on Bangkok's red light district:
"Where else in the world can you find clubs unashamedly blazoned with the name Superpussy?"

Danda on Amsterdam's red light district:
"I was drinking at the time. Good place to go for a drink. But, like any red light district, you've got to go with the right people. People that are game for a laugh and aren't easily offended."

Danda on the Inca Trail:
"A beautiful experience. That's all I can say."

Laura on trekking the Great Wall of China:
"Epic. Jam dropping scenery. I swear Mordor was based on this place. The Chinese are the friendliest people I've met."

Danda on Paris:
"I've been ten times probably. Good place to take a bird. Specially if her name's Laura."

Danda on Germany:
"Wonderful place. Great people. Great country."

Danda on the south of France:
"Wonderful, wonderful place. I love France. Cannes and Nice are fabulous places."

Danda on Italy:
"La Dolce Vita."

Danda on the Algarve:
"If the weather's good, it's a good place to go. Golf is prohibitively expensive!"

Danda on Sri Lanka:
"Really interesting place. And the hottest place I've ever been! And we won the Test Series." (I think this is cricket-speak too.)

Danda on Spain:
"Love Spain. Love the Spanish way of life."

Danda on London:
"Best city in the world by far. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a London cab driver."

No comments:

Post a Comment