Thursday 3 January 2013

A day off

The house is silent. There are no more excuses to be made. It's time un-Christmas-ify.

I'm looking at some shoes strewn about, odd socks lying haphazardly on the floor, little piles of things to take out to the recycling and leftover Christmas cards. I know the kitchen needs tidying up from my latest adventures last night with Michel Roux Sr. I need to book train tickets to see a friend next weekend and I have letters to friends abroad that I must reply to. There are clothes in the wash basket which need washing and drying and I guess I should take down our two Christmas trees. That will take ten seconds as one is a picture of a tree and the other is a mini tree about as long as my forearm.
image

But let me tell you about the other potential activities I could fill my day off with. I'm very tempted by having a cup of tea and reading Narnia. I'm equally tempted by the lure of shopping. Nothing major. I just need some new muslin cloths and tupperware. And possibly a steam cooker thing as I don't have one and Michel Roux keeps telling me to use one. It's hindering my culinary adventures. I would also like to go for a long walk and finish listening to the audiobook of The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling which, by the way, I am loving.

It's a difficult decision to make. What to do with my day....

While I decide, I will just make a cup of tea and read Narnia a little.... Just a little....

No comments:

Post a Comment