Tuesday 15 January 2013

Acting on my bucket list

At the start of September, I posted a bucket list so I thought it was time for a little check in, to let you know about my progress.

1. Join a book club.
Ok, I still look hopefully at signs in Waterstones stores or online and intend to do it. To be honest, I forgot I'd kind of obliged myself to do it by writing it here so I forgot to make myself join one! I'll do it, I promise.

2. Master front crawl.
I don't swim as regularly at the moment for a few reasons. The main one is that they close the outdoor pool from October til April and the indoor pool isn't as fun. Also, I pulled a muscle in my leg a few months ago so took ages to get back into it. Perfecting breast stroke is my main focus when I do get to the pool. Fail no. 2.

3. Go back to Namibia (or at least make solid plans about it).
Ok. This one is going well. A friend who I worked for as a travel consultant is over from Namibia at the end of this month. We are going for a drink to discuss a two week trip to Namibia next year.

4. Go on (or plan) an epic walking adventure.
Ummm.... Does Richmond Park count?

5. Try running (haha!)
This one I did.... Kind of. I ran for the bus this evening, which I jumped on in haste then five minutes later realised was not on its way to my house. It was the wrong bus. I ran. I ran for a bus. And it wasn't even the right bus. But I did run. This is a fact.

6. Go to Secret Cinema at least once.
Ummm.... I went to the normal cinema last week... Does that count as being half way there?

7. Sign up for a college course (not sure what in, I just think would be fun. Maybe food).
I'm thinking of doing a course in history or ancient civilisation or something. Another thing I forgot I'd told the world I'd do so forgot to sign myself up for something.

8. Go to that restaurant in London where everything’s completely in the dark.
This one I have not done either but I have possibly done something better... I'm going to a lovely restaurant in Paris on Thursday which comes with a fabulous recommendation from my manager. I still have the restaurant-in-the-dark place in the back of my mind though.

So there you have it. Not progress as such. Not what you'd call 'solid plans.' It really just amounts to running for the bus and a planned drink with a friend from Namibia. But it is progress. Of a sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment