Monday 17 September 2012

The Plan

Ssshhh! Don't say a word. I'm too excited to not tell you all but you mustn't tell, ok?

I am going to work now. Until 9.30am, when I will call Danda and ask him if he wants to come for breakfast at the deli. Fingers crossed, Danda will say yes.

When he gets there, we will sit down for breakfast and I will say, 'Oo! Something came from Amazon for you.'

He will say, 'Really? But I didn't order anything.'

I will say, 'Well, here it is. I guess just open it and see what it is.'

I will get him a box which I received something from Amazon in the other day. I am very sneaky. I have taken out the book that I was sent but kept the packaging neat. I have then put a different book in there then glued it all back together so it looks like it hasn't been opened.

So he will open it. Inside is a book with a gold cover which says 'ROME' in big letters across the front.

He will be confused.

'I didn't order this,' he will say.

'Are you sure,' I will say. 'Check inside the front cover, there should be an invoice somewhere, it will tell you who's sent it to you. Maybe someone sent it as a present or something?'

He will flip open the front cover and inside is a message from me, which says, 'Flight at 5pm. Pack your bags!'

He will be shocked and surprised and excited.... Hopefully. There will then be a flurry of bag packing and disbelief.

And then off we will go to Rome for four days!

Fingers crossed that:

a) all goes to plan
b) my phone works in Rome
c) my battery can cope with the photograph-taking overload

And remember, no telling!

I'll let you know tomorrow if it went smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment